Friday 10 August 2012

Holiday part 2

So to follow on from the previous blog entry with a few updates from the week. It's now friday, 11pm as I write this, although it won't be posted until Saturday morning as no wifi in the room, only in reception...
My last update was tuesday night, after the lovely Turkish baths :)
Since then we really have been taking it easy, it's been 42 degrees Wednesday, 44 Thursday and today hit a whopping 47 degrees at 3pm.
We have mainly been either relaxing by the pool, trying to get some tannage (penny's is coming along nicely, I'm like Vanilla ice still lol) or been going on short trips around the town.
We hit the market yesterday where there's plenty of clothing for sale, no doubt it'll all be knock off's but it is Turkey after all....
I brought a couple of bits and bobs, mainly stocking up on underwear lol.
We also did some shopping in the normal clothes shops where I found some very nice shorts at 50% off.. Yes please!
We had the obligatory stop at McDonalds, originally just to get a drink as thirsty, but we found the did Kiwi milkshakes, which are awesome!!

This evening we ate out at a restaurant and I had the biggest T bone steak I've seen before, Penny had some chicken thingy.
We've got a boat trip planned for tomorrow which promises alot more laying around sunbathing :) before potentially another quiet day on Sunday depending on weather, and then finally home time on Monday, which with a 2.5 hour drive back to Penny's, and then an hour to mine with work at 8am I am NOT looking forward to, but hey ho, it's been lovely so far and I've enjoyed every moment of it... Apart from at that shite first hotel lol.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment