Friday 8 March 2013

Godzilla paint,

So then. Time for a bit of an update.

Godzilla paint is up and running, working out of a spare room in my house, compressor set up nicely. Proper good little work station.

Painted the first couple of shells last weekend. Decided to start out by painting GT12 bodies, mainly for a couple of reasons.
1. The shells are cheap and I can sell them as Pre painted to build up a portfolio.
2. It's a class on the increase and without being mean to any of the drivers, alot don't have their "own paint scheme" they seem to like something different each time... Perfect for a budding painter.

So far the response has been good. Up to about 20 Facebook "likes" and with in hours of painting each of the first two shells they were sold. I'm learning new things everytime I hook up the air brushes.

I've ordered 2 more shells and they arrived today, one is already Pre sold now and the other is mid way through paint to be sold as another Prepainted body.

I'm not charging much for the painting service at the moment because as I say, I'm only just starting out, I think I worked out I "made" about £14 from each of the shells. Which after you take into account time and supplies means I earn bugger all, but.. And here's the big but...(haha big but)... It's all practise. And that's what I'm wanting right now :)











No comments:

Post a Comment